If you need to change your style, an important step is to find ways to ensure that your wardrobe is versatile. A stylish wardrobe that includes a variety of basic and trendy pieces provides you with endless clothing options.
Get Rid of Clutter
- Pave your path to style with a clutter-free wardrobe. Set aside enough time to clear your closet. You will have to sort out your closet in order for you to be sure about what you need. Take the clothes out before getting rid of anything that is torn or damaged.
- Sort out your shoes as well and discard any that are worn out or no longer in style. Try on the clothes that you have to make sure that they fit properly. Clothes that you have not worn for a long time, are too tight or do not conform to your fashion goals should be discarded. This will enable you to have enough space for a new and stylish wardrobe.
- Consider selling or donating any extra clothes that you have. Do not hesitate to get rid of anything that you do not need. Assess the clothes that you have decided to keep before storing them neatly in different parts of your closet.
After sorting out your clothes, create a list of items that you want to purchase. Include general, basic and specific items that will make it easier for you to shop. Your shopping list should be flexible so that you can adjust it according to different factors, such as location, job and season.
- Comfortable and well-fitting undergarments are a priority for any stylish individual. Quality undergarments help your clothes look better and have a flattering effect on your figure and shape.
- Start creating your stylish wardrobe with different items that incorporate basics and trendy pieces. From casual tees to form-fitting jeans and elegant blazers, make sure that you have a selection that you can choose from.
- Accessories are a quick and easy way to complete different outfits. Some of the useful accessories include belts, bags, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, scarves, hats and headbands.
- Shoes are important for determining whether your outfit will be casual or formal. You can use shoes to dress your outfits up or down, depending on the type of look that you want. Your selection of shoes should ideally consist of flats, tennis shoes, sneakers, boots, sandals and heels.
- Invest in quality tops, skirts and pants that you can mix and match to create a variety of outfits.
- Buy enough dresses for different occasions, including a basic black dress that is versatile and can be worn at any occasion. Choose colors and styles that suit your complexion and body shape.
Decide what type of makeup you are comfortable with and go for subtle makeup applications during the day. Change your makeup routine according to the occasion. Foundation is good for covering up or hiding flaws along with concealer for additional coverage. Eye shadow and mascara can be used to make your eyes look brighter. Use lipstick to brighten up your lips and give them a vibrant appearance.